Kali Mircho wala Ghost (Black Pepper Lamb Roast)
Simple traditional dish from ancient Hyderabad, when folks get off with regular taste of daily food, this recipe changes mood and taste… then your heart says- “Dil Mange More”. This dish is best suited with Chapatti/ Naan or plain rice.
Blend of Green chilies butter and black pepper make this dish mouth watering……
Ingredients: (Serves: 4 People)
|Mutton / Lamb||500gm (with bone)|
|Black Pepper Powder||2 Teaspoon (freshly made)|
|Garlic Cloves||7 – 8 cloves|
|Ginger||1 inch peeled & chop in 1 inch small cuts for garnishing.|
|Onion||1 Big Chopped|
|Green Chilies||7 – 8 (less spicy)|
|Cooking Oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Curd||1/2 Cup nicely beaten|
|Plain White Butter||75 Gm without salt|
|Salt||1 & 1/2 Tablespoon|
Cooking Directions : (Cooking & Preparation Time: 45 mins to 1 Hr )
- Wash mutton pieces clean/ drain water out of it, Chop onion and green chilies keep aside.
- Take medium size pressure cooker put 1 table spoon cooking oil in it, add 500 gm mutton, 1 chopped onion, 5- 6 chopped green chilies, 7-8 garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon black pepper powder, 1 tablespoon salt, 1 full cup water, close the pressure cooker lid and cook on medium flame till 2 whistle of pressure cooker.
- Let the pressure cooker rest for 10 Mins, meanwhile keep Frying Pan on gas on low heat which has lid and put 1 tablespoon of cooking oil in it,
- Open pressure cooker lid, transfer all hot boiling mutton & water into frying pan, fry mutton for 2-3 mins, add 1/2 cup curd, 1/2 tablespoon salt, 1/2 tablespoon black pepper powder to dish mix well & close lid of frying pan, allow mutton to cook for 5-7 Mins, open lid and ensure water of mutton is getting dry. (Check all onion, garlic cloves is dissolved and formed gravy)
- After 5 mins add 75 gm plain butter and 1/2 table spoon black pepper powder (Note: if you are adding salted butter add less amount of salt above)
- Now cook mutton in frying pan without lid till you see all water/ curd is being soaked by mutton, check if mutton being properly cooked & easily cut with spoon, if yes it means your dish is ready to serve, dish out mutton in serving bowl, Garnish with Ginger and green chilies on the same.
Enjoy with Chapattis or Naan/ Bread.
Give your feedback and comments.